Employer: Marie Stopes Kenya
Closing date July 8, 2015
Marie Stopes Kenya is seeking to recruit a Security Manager.
The Security Manager position is the sole security advisor and security focal point for Marie Stopes Kenya and is a national team member post.
Reporting to the Country Director, the Security Manager will be responsible for fostering a culture of safety and security amongst team members and developing a strong organisational security management infrastructure.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring MSK continually meets its Duty of Care requirements in relation to security management and in line with MSI’s Global Security Framework
- Create and update the MSK National Essential Security Package (ESP) (including Welcome Pack, Threat Levels, Context Analysis, Risk Assessment, Standard Operating Procedures, Contingency Plans,
- Support MSK managers to create and update Regional ESPs (including Threat Levels, Context Analysis, Risk Analysis, Standard Operating Procedures, Contingency Plans, and Crisis Management)
- Management of day to day security incidents affecting MSK team members, assets and reputation
- Briefing and debriefing of all programme visitors, new and existing team members
- Ensure a high level of procedural and physical security measures are in place at all MSK premises, including access control, visitor protocols, key management, and appropriate branding / visibility.
- Ensure that appropriate communications and other security related equipment is in place, functional, understood and appropriately used by all relevant staff members
- Contractual management of security guards and private security companies, including agreeing, checking and enforcing SOPs and performance.
- Renewal of contracts and management of payments to security communications and tracking suppliers.
Crisis Management Support
- Delivery of Crisis Management Training to the Crisis Management Team (CMT)
- Activate and ensure adherence to crisis protocol and procedures
- Advise the Country Director, CMT Lead and Supporter on possible actions, scenarios and outcomes during a crisis
- Ensure that decisions fully address duty of care requirements and maintain log book
- Provide links to external risk management specialists and Kenya security networks
Human Resources Support
- Assist HR with the security aspect of recruitment, selection, on-boarding and training of MSK positions with security responsibilities (e.g. Regional Managers)
- Successful technical management of the above positions
- Develop capacity within the country programme through training needs identification, training delivery and on the job support.
- Provide a security induction briefings to all new team members
- Attend and contribute to external security networks (Donor, Humanitarian Forums)
- Actively develop and maintain security influencer networks with a full range of stakeholders including community leaders, NGOs, donors, NGO security forums, government, police, armed forces, intelligence agencies, private security companies
- Continued contact, discussion and strategic planning with MSI’s Global Security Officer
- Ensure that MSK premises, vehicles and assets are free from hazards, safe and well prepared in terms of fire, natural disaster and general safety.
- Prepare and coordinate fire and natural disaster safety drills in all locations
- Relevant university degree, preferably security management or international development
- Relevant security management training certificates (personal security, security manager, abduction, risk assessment, hostile environment awareness)
- First Aid training Experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a similar role with NGOs, with extensive experience in implementing security