Location: Middle East - United Arab Emirates - Sharjah
WSP Middle East is a multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy operating throughout the MENA region and supported by a global group operating in over 35 countries worldwide.
Our approach is to deliver excellence, value for money, sustainability and innovation to our clients, driven by our global values of:
■ Sharing and Supporting
■ Pride and Passion
Established in 1969 and listed on the London Stock Exchange in 1987, WSP has grown to be recognised as one of the world leaders in design, engineering and management consultancy. This is further supported by the headline information set out below:
■ Over 350 staff in the Middle East as part of a 9,000 strong global workforce
■ 2011 Revenue of £717 million (1.13 billion USD)
■ 2012 Merged with Genivar, a leading professional services firm in Canada
The above reflects the Industry recognition that WSP have received in the past 12 months and demonstrates our commitment towards delivering excellence and above all sustainable value for money solutions.
The Graduate Consultant – Security role supports the Security Consulting team, assist with security risk assessments, security design, and provides liaison support with design teams and local authorities. Ideal applicant should have an interest in international security risk management, be a keen problem solver, and have a strong capability to review complex situations and provide a concise analysis.
• Support the preparation security risk management report, to the required standards and quality.
• Support review of developments for security vulnerabilities and risk exposure.
• Support security risk mitigation planning, including planning of physical and technical security solutions.
• Support security business development.
• Stay updated with relevant technical developments within the discipline.
• Understand the contract and scope of project deliverables.
• Ensure that Health & Safety is embedded into all work practices in line with company policies.
• Ensure statutory and regulatory requirements are met.
• Provide regular work status updates, including risks or concerns, to line manager.
• Attend and contribute in team and project meetings as required.
• Contribute to the delivery of the BU strategy. Including supporting the companies approach to sustainability.
• Ensure QMS and Project Lifecycle compliance across team and projects.
• Complete accurate timesheets by set deadline.
• Feedback on all business development opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree in security related field such as Criminal Justice, Policing, Assets Protection, Risk Management, International Politics/Relations, or equivalent qualification.
• Ideal candidate will possess Master’s degree in security related field.
• Highly effective in written and spoken English.
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Capability to travel to various countries, including those in the Middle East, Northern Africa, Asia, and Europe.
• Strong desire to learn and be part of a dynamic and fast paced team.
Apply for this vacancy